Spec URL: http://hedayat.fedorapeople.org/reviews/sil-scheherazade-fonts/sil-scheherazade-fonts.spec
SRPM URL: http://hedayat.fedorapeople.org/reviews/sil-scheherazade-fonts/sil-scheherazade-fonts-1.001-1.fc11.src.rpm
Scheherazade, named after the heroine of the classic Arabian Nights tale, is
designed in a similar style to traditional typefaces such as Monotype Naskh,
extended to cover the full Unicode Arabic repertoire.
It is an extended Arabic script font designed by SIL International for modern
Unicode-based systems using OpenType for complex-script rendering. It supports
virtually all of the Unicode 4.1 Arabic character repertoire (excluding the
Arabic Presentation Forms blocks, which are not recommended for normal use),
and is currently available in Regular weight only.
As stated in https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIL_Scheherazade_fonts, aliasing of Monotype Naskh should be added (the current package doesn't provide any fontconfig rules). What else?
Thanks for looking at this font! SIL fonts are usually high quality, it's a shame we do not package all of them yet like other distros do (hint hint)
1. current best practice is to avoid using the package name in the summary, please reword it without "SIL Scheherazade" (I know it was not always like this, and we haven't changed evey previous package yet). The reason is that package tools already display the package name next to the summary
2. (minor) you don't really have to use Caps Before Every Word (though that's a matter of preference)
3. (minor) I'm not sure it's a good idea to include your second description §. All this technical mumbo-jumbo is likely to frighten normal users
4. it's not a good idea to depend on dos2unix for txt file conversion, you can usually attain the same results using just sed and iconv. Your package does not build as a result in mock, since dos2unix is not present in the buildroot
+ dos2unix FONTLOG.txt OFL-FAQ.txt OFL.txt
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.BzkuMA: line 29: dos2unix: command not found
If you intend to maintain more packages later it's a good idea to setup a mock instance on your system to test for this kind of mistake
5. And lastly, please add some fontconfig rules. Just the default set + Monotype Naskh should be enough, unless there is something else you feel would help users. You have standard templates and documentation in fontpackages-devel (though the F11 version may be a little old, install the latest one it will work just fine in F11 too)
And that's all for now
NEEDINFO till you answer those
(PS if you're not member of the packaging group yet, I can sponsor you, but I'll require 2-3 good font package submissions before; we've streamlined the process so much a single submission is not enough to judge if someone will become a good packager anymore)
All done. This is the koji build link:
Sorry for the mistakes in the previous package. I overlooked some details!
Thanks for the offer. I'm already a packager.
I hope that this one will pass your filter ;)
Oops! There is something wrong with me! :P
SPEC URL: http://hedayat.fedorapeople.org/reviews/sil-scheherazade-fonts/sil-scheherazade-fonts.spec
SRPM URL: http://hedayat.fedorapeople.org/reviews/sil-scheherazade-fonts/sil-scheherazade-fonts-1.001-2.fc11.src.rpm
This one is golden
〠〠〠 APPROVED 〠〠〠
You can now continue from
I hope the process was pleasant, and that it will inspire you to package a other fonts for Fedora. Please do not hesitate to suggest improvements to our organisation on the fonts mailing list.
Thank you for your contribution to our font package pool.
Thanks a lot, I'll go for other steps. :)
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: sil-scheherazade-fonts
Short Description: An Arabic script unicode font
Branches: F10 F11 F12
sil-scheherazade-fonts-1.001-2.fc11 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 11.
sil-scheherazade-fonts-1.001-2.fc10 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 10.
sil-scheherazade-fonts-1.001-2.fc12 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 12.
sil-scheherazade-fonts-1.001-2.fc10 has been pushed to the Fedora 10 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
sil-scheherazade-fonts-1.001-2.fc11 has been pushed to the Fedora 11 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.