Bug 52616 - anaconda deletes /mnt/* during upgrade?
Summary: anaconda deletes /mnt/* during upgrade?
Status: CLOSED RAWHIDE
Alias: None
Product: Red Hat Public Beta
Classification: Retired
Component: anaconda   
(Show other bugs)
Version: roswell
Hardware: All
OS: Linux
medium
medium
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Brent Fox
QA Contact: Brock Organ
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2001-08-27 05:44 UTC by Gordon Messmer
Modified: 2007-04-18 16:36 UTC (History)
0 users

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2001-08-27 16:06:44 UTC
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description Gordon Messmer 2001-08-27 05:44:54 UTC
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.2) Gecko/20010809

Description of problem:
On all of several upgades I've done with Roswell 2, there are no
directories in /mnt after the upgrade.  The fstab file still has entries
for all of the items that were there before the upgrade

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):


How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Upgrade
2. ls /mnt



Additional info:

Comment 1 Sammy 2001-08-27 14:06:53 UTC
This apprently is the new functioning for kudzu and filesystem components.
Filesystem removes /mnt/cdrom and /mnt/floppy and expects the kudzu
to create them BUT what I found out is that if /etc/fstab already contains lines
for cdrom and floppy kudzu does not do anything. The way I solved the problem:

1: Login as root
2: Edit /etc/fstab and delete lines containing cdrom and floppy
3: Run /usr/sbin/updfstab

You'll than see the directories under /mnt created. I believe this is a BUG
of kudzu.


Comment 2 Bill Nottingham 2001-08-27 15:03:05 UTC
fixed in filesystem-2.1.7-1.

Comment 3 Brent Fox 2001-08-27 16:06:40 UTC
I just did an upgrade from 7.1 to our latest tree and I can't reproduce this
behavior.


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.