Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 527087
qemu-common postinstall scriptlet uses getent before it's installed
Last modified: 2009-10-12 03:16:54 EDT
Description of problem:
The qemu-common postinstall scriptlet tries to execute 'getent', but that
may not exist yet, due to a missing Requires(post).
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Depends on package set (installation order).
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install F12, including qemu-common.
2. grep -A3 "^Installing qemu-common" /root/install.log
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.f9IFe3: line 1: getent: command not found
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.f9IFe3: line 2: getent: command not found
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.f9IFe3: line 3: getent: command not found
No "command not found" messages.
FIX: Add this to the qemu-common spec file:
These should also be added (they're also used by postinstall):
Thanks Bruce, will fix for F-12
Note, https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:UsersAndGroups suggests requiring shadow-utils and doing it in %pre
I don't think we need to do it in %pre, since we don't install any files owned by this user/group - the first time one of them should be used is when we load the kvm modules in qemu-system-x86 %post and udev creates the /dev/kvm node
* Fri Oct 9 2009 Mark McLoughlin <email@example.com> - 2:0.11.0-6
- Fix fs errors with virtio and qcow2 backing file (#524734)
- Fix ksm initscript errors on kernel missing ksm (#527653)
- Add missing Requires(post): getent, useradd, groupadd (#527087)
tag request: https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/2429
tagged now for F12 GA