Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 52792
konsole doesn't write to .bash_history [properly]
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:36:42 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.76 [en] (X11; U; Linux 2.4.7-pre3.asl i686)
Description of problem:
Commands entered on konsole are not recorded in .bash_history unless
konsole is exited by **typing** exit.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. open konsole; type some commands
2. close konsole either with file/quit or close button
3. open konsole; try up arrow or 'tail .bash_history' --commands are gone
4. (alternative): in step 2 close konsole by typing "exit".
5. open konsole; up arrow or "tail .bash_history".
Actual Results: commands entered in step 1 are not available for recall in
Expected Results: behave like xterm or any other term
This is discussed and reported fixed (8/27/01) as bug 31339 @bugs.kde.org
so it's a kde bug.
If it is indeed fixed, please incorporate into a new package ASAP.
[I thought 1) I was losing my mind; 2) bash was badly broken; 3) ?!!? ]
Fixed in 2.2-9