Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 52977
up2date authentication appears to time out after 1 hour
Last modified: 2015-01-07 18:51:10 EST
Description of Problem:
Perhaps I overstated a bit in the Summary.... I am running Roswell 2
installed from scratch using the 8/16 ISO images. At 15:40 EDT, I started
up2date. At 16:40, up2date failed during a download of sendmail saying
that authentication was required. I restarted up2date and it picked up
where it left off without incident.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
I'm not likely to have an opportunity to attempt to reproduce this as my
download got significantly past the half-way mark before failing.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. start up2date
2. let it run for an hour
3. hope it fails :-)
as described above: up2date failed stating that authentication was required
after one hour
It should have gotten all the way through.
Obviously the one-hour part of this is circumstantial. I can tell from the
timestamps in history that exactly an hour elapsed before it failed.
I am attaching my /etc/sysconfig/run/up2date file for completeness though I
doubt it is relevant. I am running from soup.in.ql.org. I am not posting
my systemid file for privacy reasons, but let me know if you need anything
Created attachment 30397 [details]
up2date configuration file
This should be fixed in the next version of the client.
It now catches this exception, and relogins...
I was just going through all the bugs I've reported that aren't "closed" or
"resolved" and noticed this one from the distant past which has long since been
fixed. As the poster, I've taken the liberty of closing it. Hope that's okay.