Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 530448
RFE: virt-manager should provide a means to refresh storage pools
Last modified: 2011-03-14 04:25:37 EDT
Description of problem:
virt-manager should provide a means to refresh storage pools (other than stop and start of pool).
* manually move install ISOs to a storage pool location on libvirt host so guests can be installed from them
* open the storage pool in virt-manager (via host Details and Storage tab) and the ISOs are not available in the pool
* there is no operation available in virt-manager to refresh the pool other than a full start and stop of the pool (unless I missed it in the UI?)
* use virsh shell to "refresh-pool"
* the ISOs are now shown as available in the storage pool in virt-manager
This should not require virsh shell to accomplish - virt-manager should either expose a means to refresh the pool or should issue a refresh each time the pool is accessed in the UI.
Note - this is with virt-manager connecting to a remote libvirt host so may be different when virt-manager is run locally.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
[psj@localhost ~]$ rpm -q virt-manager
(this is on F11 with virt-preview repo)
I'm guessing the refresh doesn't happen automatically because of performance concerns in certain cases; in that case, a refresh button would make sense
*** Bug 569839 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Functionality is in virt-manager-0.8.4-2 (tested on F13 + virt preview) and in upstream via commit http://hg.fedorahosted.org/hg/virt-manager/rev/679b824e92dc
I am happy to close this if you are Cole?
Minor thought is that there is no tooltip for the refresh button (at least in F13 + virt preview) but the icon is probably clear enough.
*** Bug 608243 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***