Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 53143
Keyboard navigation in GUI user entry window not sane.
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:36:50 EDT
* re0831.0-i386 (and previous ones as well)
* any GUI install or upgrade
Description of Problem:
This is really a minor thing, but I thought I would report it.
In the user entry window of the gui installer, keyboard navigation can be a
little unclear and the user may not be sure where they are in the window.
To be precise, the tab order of the window appears to be:
User name -> Full Name -> Password -> Confirm -> Ok -> Cancel -> User name --->
- no cursor appears in the windows unless the user does a mouse-over, even
after the user begins typing.
- Button selection is unclear. The ok button is not highlighted when it
is selected. The only visual clue is that the Cancel button ceases to be
- The arrow key behavior in the button pane is strange. One would expect
that the left and right arrow keys would move between the two buttons in
the pane, but this is not the case. The left arrow does nothing, and the
right arrow has the same behavior as tab.
Something to consider for the next release.
Using the Gtk Dialog with GTK 2.0 instead of Gnome Dialog avoids this behavior,
so this is fixed in cvs now. Thanks for your report.