Description of problem:
LibriVox has a great selection of audio books. It would be cool to have another category in Rhythmbox, under radio, for Audio books... I'll do the icon if you need one :) It should take RSS or actual files.
Just an idea. I've been using the Podcast area of Rhythmbox to listen to books from LibriVox and it's great.
Here's some books I found that I thought might be worth including:
• Little Women, Louisa May Alcott
• Andersen's Fairy Tale, Hans Christian Andersen
• Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen
• Peter Pan, J.M. Barrie
• The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, Frank L. Baum
• Wuthering Heights, Emily Bronte
• The Secret Garden, Frances Hodgson Burnett
• Heart of Darkness, Joseph Conrad
• The Sayings of Confucius, Confucius
• The Last of the Mohicans, James Fenimore Cooper
• Robinson Crusoe, Daniel Defoe
• Great Expectations, Charles Dickens
• Selected Poems of Emily Dickinson, Emily Dickinson
• The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
• The Three Musketeers, Alexandre Dumas
• The Canterbury Tales, Geoffrey Chaucer
• Walden, Henry David Thoreau
• Selected Poems, Robert Frost
• One Hundred Verses from Old Japan, Fujiware no Teika
• Siddhartha, Hermann Hesse
• The Iliad, Homer
• Celtic Fairy Tales, Joseph Jacobs
• The Book of Tea, Okakura Kakuzo
• The Story of My Life, Helen Keller
• Dracula, Bram Stoker
• Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
• The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Mark Twain
You can't add default books like that by default. Rhythmbox would start downloading them when started up by default, and I don't think users would want that.
Furthermore, the feeds only provide books in English from the looks of it.
This would probably be interesting as a source plugin, where you would list the interesting books available on librivox and offer the user to add the feeds, but it's not workable as an installation default.
Feel free to file an upstream bug with this idea.
Ah they do start downloading off on their own, that's a good point, fair enough. I like the idea of a plugin instead, I'll file it upsteam thanks :)