Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 53320
gmc fails to load, reports shared libs error
Last modified: 2013-04-02 00:15:54 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux 2.4.2-2 i686; en-US; 0.7) Gecko/20010316
Description of problem:
gmc refuses to start after upgrading to XFree86.org's 4.1.0 binaries, error
message is: gmc: error while loading shared libraries: gmc: undefined
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. load RHL on IBM ThinkPad iSeries 1300
2. update XF86 with binary tarballs frpm ftp.xf86.org
4. run startx
5. run gmc from xterm or "Run..." box
Actual Results: - no icons on desktop
- right-click has no effect
- running gmc as a command gives error "gmc: error while loading shared
libraries: gmc: undefined symbol: unix_io_manager"
Expected Results: gmc should have loaded and given me my icons/desktop
gmc definitely loaded in 7.1 and 7.2 final, right?
Anyhow we would generally not guarantee that tarballs from xf86.org are
binary compatible with our packages.