Description of problem:
This is a list of issues for the clvmd init script when compared with the criteria in
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
LSB Header is missing Description: section
Missing required action force-reload
Missing required action try-restart and condrestart
`service clvmd` should have exit status 2, currently 1.
Exit status for an invalid action should be 2, currently 1.
Should clvmd start up if the locking method is set to "1" for local locking?
Should the clvmd init script require cman is already started? If so, it should be included in the LSB header.
This bug appears to have been reported against 'rawhide' during the Fedora 12 development cycle.
Changing version to '12'.
More information and reason for this action is here:
Created attachment 388811 [details]
Patch from Fabio
- fix whitespaces all over (tabs/spaces)
- use secure path
- remove hardcoding of paths for tools
- increase timeout to 30 secs (on Chrissie request)
- source both cluster and clvmd for options (like all the other cluster
- add clustered_vgs and _lvs commodity fns
- move rh_status* fns at the top, so they can be reused
- heavily cleanup start and stop fns from redundant code and unnecessary
- drop wait_for_finish. According to docs killproc will send first
specified signals and then SIGKILL and do the way for us.
- improve output from status
- make the init script lsb compliant
Please review and let me know if we need to add more changes.
Both Chrissie and I have tested this new version.
A new version of the init script has been committed in upstream CVS.