Description of Problem:
I host a number of client web sites that use SSI #INCLUDE file. These had worked with RH 6.2 and
Apache 1.3.14 in late August. They don't work after upgrading to RH 7.1 and Apache 1.3.19.
I tried removing 1.3.19 and even with 1.3.14 on 7.1 I still don't get Include files being included!
Do I need to uninstall 7.1??
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
RH Linux 7.1
Write a short menu.txt file:
<A Href="/page1.html">Page 1</A>
<A Href="/page2.html">Page 2</A>
<A Href="/page3.html">Page 3</A>
In each of the above, set up to use an SSI Include to read the menu:
<TITLE>Test Include Files</TITLE>
<H2>Test for INCLUDE files</H2>
<TD VALIGN=top WIDTH=200>
Put a while bunch of text here so that there's something in this table cell.
Under RH 6.2 the files get included and the page looks right. Under RH 7.1 they don't.
Steps to Reproduce:
Works fine here.
Have a look at the "Apache Tutorial: Introduction to Server Side Includes" (in
the apache-manual package, /var/www/html/manual/howto/ssi.html) and configure
your server appropriately. In particular, make sure you tell it which files to
parse for SSI. By default, *.shtml files get server-parsed.
Yes, it was user error. I discovered over the weekend there is now a separate section for '/' directory. If "Includes" option isn't there, it doesn't get
used elsewhere, regardless of the settings for files, etc. It's working now on my systems too, Thanks.