Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 534880
error during group res config submission still redirects to history page
Last modified: 2014-11-09 17:48:46 EST
if there are any errors submitting the group res config job to the backend, the logic should have the user stay on the page and to NOT end the conversation. if the conversation is ended, the user will have to enter all of their fine-grained changes again.
rev3132 - ensure that the user stays on the edit group config page if there are errors submitting the job to the backend;
joseph: can you tell me how to create the error condition?
there are two code paths to test:
1) authorization errors
* create a user that has initially has permission to change all of the configurations for the resources in the group
* go and edit the group config, but don't submit the changes yet
* in another tab, using the rhqadmin account, remove the "configure" permission from the group in question
* then try to submit the configuration job, it should fail with a permission error, and you should be kicked back to the *view* page because you no longer have edit permissions
2) other errors
* using any user in the system, open two tabs
* go to the same group, the configuration subtab
* start editing the configuration in both tabs
* hit submit in one tab, quickly switch to the other tab, hit submit on the second
* you should get an error for the second submit stating that a group update is already in progress, but you should remain on the *edit* page
* wait until the first group update has finished, then try resubmitting the second job again
* it should succeed this time and kick you to the history page to watch it complete
The general behavior of both tests is correct, but what's missing is an error/info message that says what happened.
in test 1, i clicked 'save' and it just went back to the view page
in test 2, 2nd browser's 'save' just put me back on the edit page again - the changes i made are still there, but no message as to why i ended up back on the same page.
For scenario 1, the flow goes to the view page and an error message is shown that the user doesn't have enough privileges, for scenario 2, the user stays on the edit page and a warning is shown that the configuration update is in progress.
For scenario 1, goes back to view page with "no permission" message.
For scenario 2, message is
Configuration update is currently in progress. Please consider reviewing the changes before submitting.
Stays on edit page.
This bug was previously known as http://jira.rhq-project.org/browse/RHQ-1633