1) create a compatible group of type with categories (I used JBossAS Server)
2) add 2 or more resources to the group
3) navigate to the group view
4) select a category in the left-nav (I selected "Applications")
5) now try to expand that category you selected
You will find that you cannot expand it (nor can you expand any other category, which I think is to be expected because you can't expand tree nodes that our outside of the ancestry of the resource that is selected - but I think you should be able to expand the selected category).
I will attach a screenshot.
in the attached screenshot, you will see I have selected the JBossAS Server category called "Applications" in my compatible group that is called "My Application Group"
When I try to click the expand arrow button, the UI does nothing. I would have expected that Applications group to expand and show me the individual tree nodes within it.
I do have children under Applications - two in fact. So I know there are nodes under there.
Workaround: click to select the root node "My Application Group". Then you can expand Applications node.
This bug was previously known as http://jira.rhq-project.org/browse/RHQ-1689
Imported an attachment (id=368613)
this was a jsf issue - we impl this now in gwt