1. Assure you've got a platform in inventory that has been inventoried/actively monitored for a few days.
2. Somewhere along the line -- maybe shortly after inventorying the platform -- go to Monitor > Graphs for this platform and change "Metric Display Range: Last :" to 120 Days
3. After you've got a few days of data, return to Monitor > Graphs
4. You should see a bunch of gray dots for those dates where the platform had not been monitored. Hover over most of these, note the date and time
5. Scan over to the last 3-4 dots that are red/green according to the collected data.
The gray dots show a time that is equivalent to (current time - n(days)).
The red/green dots show different times.
Oddly, the first time I did this, all but the second to last dot showed the correct time. When I changed the time range, and then returned it to 120 days, none of the days for which data was collected show the correct time.
[22:16] <joseph> yeah, the red one seems to be off
[22:16] <joseph> the correct logic would probably be to show timestamps as perfect dissections of the total
This bug was previously known as http://jira.rhq-project.org/browse/RHQ-1941
Temporarily adding the keyword "SubBug" so we can be sure we have accounted for all the bugs.
new = Tracking + FutureFeature + SubBug
making sure we're not missing any bugs in rhq_triage