Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 536409
Packages > New > Upload New Package silent accepts jar files as CPs.
Last modified: 2014-05-02 13:53:39 EDT
1. Login to JON instance.
2. navigate to RHQ AS server resource
3. Packages > New; Upload New Package
4. Specify "Cumulative Patch" as the "Type", but upload a .jar
5. Attempt to deploy.
* User is not able to upload jar as a CP, and/or
* Deploy attempt should explicitly fail immediately.
* User able to upload jar as CP
* Deployment attempt continues, before eventually timing out
lowering this to minor since it would be nice to prevent this, but pragmatically speaking i think it's realistic to expect users to use the web app correctly. i suppose an argument could be made that they might have meant to choose jar, but didn't switch off of the CP choice. accepting this.
I'm not sure there's a way to delete these files either, once they are uploaded, but (perhaps) depending on impl for this issue, that might not be as big a deal.
The structure of a CP is a .zip archive that contains an 'install-process.xml' file, as well as the directories and contents of the patches.
I wouldn't expect this part of the ui to validate the CP itself -- that would be the task of the CP processor. Upload process could simply verify that we've got a .zip, and (maybe) whether or not it contains the xml file.
This bug was previously known as http://jira.rhq-project.org/browse/RHQ-761