In the Monitoring configuration page, the sections for JVMs show up twice -- once as subclasses of the parent AS Server, and then again as a standalone 'parent'.
Steps to repro:
1. Administration > 'All Types'
2. Scroll down to RHQ Agent > RHQ Agent JVM and click the associated "Edit Alert Templates" button.
3. Create a template.
4. Return to the Administration > 'All Types' page; observe
Note that a "(1 | 0) " template designation shows up twice in the UI -- and then notice that this is because the section for "RHQ Agent JVM" itself, as well as all its children classes, show up twice -- once as" RHQ Agent > RHQ Agent JVM", and once as a standalone parent class, "RHQ Agent JVM".
Either one of these, but not both. It is confusing for the end user to glance at the page and wonder why so many alerts were apparently created -- and in general, no need to duplicate identical information in the UI.
* This appears to happen for just about any JVM, not just RHQ --install an AS instance, for example, and note the duplication of "JBoss AS JVM "
* Reported this in rev1385 but noted it in earlier versions.
This bug was previously known as http://jira.rhq-project.org/browse/RHQ-804
Temporarily adding the keyword "SubBug" so we can be sure we have accounted for all the bugs.
new = Tracking + FutureFeature + SubBug
making sure we're not missing any bugs in rhq_triage
mazz, flip this over when gwt work done for config; let QE take a look at how things are looking afterwards.
this page has been reimpl in gwt
Verified in build 107 (Version: 4.1.0-SNAPSHOT Build Number: 9192306)
Created an alert template for RHQ Agent JVM and verified that no duplicate template designation or RHQ Agent JVM section or children are displayed.
Marking as verified.
Bulk closing of issues that were VERIFIED, had no target release and where the status changed more than a year ago.