Spec URL: http://www.auroralinux.org/people/spot/review/new/tlomt-sniglet-fonts.spec
SRPM URL: http://www.auroralinux.org/people/spot/review/new/tlomt-sniglet-fonts-1.000-1.fc12.src.rpm
Sniglet is a fun rounded, sans-serif font useful for headlines and other creative treaments. The font was created by Haley Fiege, and it supports a full Latin character set including accent marks. Notably, it has full coverage for Icelandic and French characters.
Nice to see you packaging some fonts again.
1. (nitpick) the exact term for "accent marks" is diactritics (includes stuff like cedilla which is not strictly speaking an accent mark)
2. repo-font-audit found some partial coverage, and that rpmlint is not completely happy with the font (to relay upstream, see attached archive)
3. (nitpick) you don't really need to define a common_desc when there's only one package produced. It's useful for multi-subpackages
4. Please check with upstream they'll actually increment the version next time the font is updated. If 1.000 is an eternal unchanging version, using the timestamp of the font file as version is more useful.
5. You forgot the
⇒ fails review :(
6. Not too sure looping on one fontconf file is useful
7. Maybe it would be a good idea to bundle the licensing email as %doc ? Some old font packages did this and it's invaluable when all the web references have moved 20 times since packaging
8. There is no licensing info, either as detached txt file, or as metadata in the font (just confirming your finds). Doing both is best
9. This is not really a general-purpose sans-serif font, please change your fontconfig file
(see /usr/share/fontconfig/templates/fontconfig-generics.txt and /usr/share/fontconfig/templates/basic-font-template.* )
⇒ Needs a little more work, even though it's already a pretty nice srpm
Created attachment 369404 [details]
repo-font-audit output for the package
Sorry, things have been very crazy on my end. Here's -2 with most of your nitpicks resolved.
New Spec URL:
New SRPM URL:
I was not worried, you just got caught in the fonts package review cleanup I did today
1. I hope for you the next version won't be 1.00 too
2. It would still be nice if upstream completed the coverage
3. spell-checking: treaments → treatments
But this is not blocking
ꙮꙮꙮ APPROVED ꙮꙮꙮ
Thanks for finishing this, Máirín will be happy
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: tlomt-sniglet-fonts
Short Description: A rounded, sans-serif font useful for headlines
Branches: F-11 F-12 F-13 devel
CVS done (by process-cvs-requests.py).
tlomt-sniglet-fonts-1.000-2.fc12 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 12.
tlomt-sniglet-fonts-1.000-2.fc11 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 11.
tlomt-sniglet-fonts-1.000-2.fc13 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 13.
tlomt-sniglet-fonts-1.000-2.fc11 has been pushed to the Fedora 11 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
tlomt-sniglet-fonts-1.000-2.fc13 has been pushed to the Fedora 13 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
tlomt-sniglet-fonts-1.000-2.fc12 has been pushed to the Fedora 12 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.