Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 537203
MySQL plugin don't collect data from databases
Last modified: 2012-06-06 12:17:52 EDT
Description of problem:
The MySQL plugin (downloaded from https://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/jopr-releases) does not correcty add its database childs, altough the Server has the metrics collected, plotted and its availability computed.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Jopr 2.3.1 (where I downloaded the plugin)
See below. Same issue on two different JON servers (same release, same steps)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Set up an MySQL on your machine. Assign an password for the root user.
2. Ensure that you have Abstract Database plugin on your JON Server
3. Add the rhq-mysql-plugin-1.3.1.jar to your plugin collection
4. On Platform, click on the computer platform and select its inventory
5. Scroll down the screen and on the "Manually Add", select MySql Server" (notice: it is not automatically detected by discovery routines) and click OK
6. Set up your database settings. Don't forget to change the MySql "Database Name" to mysql (case-sensitive). Set your root/password on the role name & password. Click OK.
7. Expand the MySql [mysql] server and you'll notice "Database (n)" as red
8. Expand the "Database (n)" category and click on any database.
You'll notice that the availability tick on the right upper corner is set to an gray question mark and the "Database (n)" category is red colored.
The databases are supposed to be green colored and have its metrics correctly collected.
irc #jboss-on RodFreire
Created attachment 369302 [details]
agent.log from Jon Agent
Temporarily adding the keyword "SubBug" so we can be sure we have accounted for all the bugs.
new = Tracking + FutureFeature + SubBug
making sure we're not missing any bugs in rhq_triage
Lowering severity/priority - not an enterprise plugin
I've just pushed and update to the MySQL plugin by Steve Millidge
Can you please check if your issue has vanished?
I think the plugin update from Steve has fixed this issue a long time ago -