Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 538142
Cannot populate more than one RHN Content Provider
Last modified: 2015-02-01 18:25:56 EST
Description of problem:
If user creates one RHN CP and attempts to create channel repos from it, user is given an appropriate channel list. However, if user creates more than one, only the first will get populated, and subsequent ones are empty.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create an RHN CP, "My RHN Content Provider"; assure it is synced.
2. Create a second RHN CP, "My OTHER RHN Content Provider"; sync.
3. Repos > Import
4. Click the radio button next to "My RHN Content Provider" - note population of channel data, selectable for use as repos
5. Click the radio button next to "My OTHER RHN Content Provider"; view results.
Nothing available in subsequent RHN CPs after the first.
Any arbitrary number of RHN CPs should be usable.
It appears that I've discovered an exception to this set of results, and we're in a bit of a boggle as to why it's happening. Here's the (deterministic) reproducer:
1. Create an RHN CP, "Phil Collins", and add in a non-functional RHN certificate ('bork' seems to be a good entry here)
2. Attempt to add CP, it should fail with the error: Error: Failed to start adapter for [ContentSource: id=, name=[Phil Collins]]. Cause: org.rhq.enterprise.server.plugin.pc.content.InitializationException:java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException -> java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:null -> org.rhq.enterprise.server.plugin.pc.content.InitializationException:Invalid 'Certificate' property -> org.jdom.input.JDOMParseException:Error on line 1: Content is not allowed in prolog. -> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:Content is not allowed in prolog.
3. Attempt to add CP again; it should succeed
4. Create another RHN CP, "Tony Banks", and add in a functional RHN certificate
5. Attempt to add CP, it should succeed
6. A subset of all available channels appear in channel list (and this, friends, is the aforementioned boggle)
Temporarily adding the keyword "SubBug" so we can be sure we have accounted for all the bugs.
new = Tracking + FutureFeature + SubBug
making sure we're not missing any bugs in rhq_triage
ONQA -- sunil, RHN providers are not relevant for this case anymore, but please assure we can still add multiple content providers.