From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 5.0)
Description of problem:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Install From CD. Select Default Installation For Server Or Workstation
Traceback (innermost last):
File "/var/tmp/anaconda-7.1//usr/lib/anaconda/iw/progress_gui.py", line
19, in run
rc = self.todo.doInstall ()
File "/var/tmp/anaconda-7.1//usr/lib/anaconda/todo.py", line 1965, in
File "/var/tmp/anaconda-7.1//usr/lib/anaconda/todo.py", line 1659, in
File "/var/tmp/anaconda-7.1//usr/lib/anaconda/todo.py", line 904, in
File "/var/tmp/anaconda-7.1//usr/lib/anaconda/todo.py", line 1481, in
stdout = '/dev/null', stderr = None)
File "/var/tmp/anaconda-7.1//usr/lib/anaconda/iutil.py", line 48, in
raise RuntimeError, command + " can not be run"
RuntimeError: /usr/sbin/usermod can not be run
Local variables in innermost frame:
argv: ['/usr/sbin/usermod', '-p', '$1
GFX: Diamond Riva TNT2
Sound: Onboard Crystal Sound Chip (SB16)
HDD: 13 GB IDE
CD: Creative DVD Dxr2
Network: 3Com 905
Try booting with 'linux ide=nodma'. Does that help?
When I boot the computer after Installation the Lilo is not installed and the
Hardisc says that no OS is available.
No, I meant try booting the installer with 'linux ide=nodma'. Then do the
install and see if things work after that.
If the installer happens to crash the same way, press <Ctrl><Alt><F4> and see if
there are any error messages related to the cdrom.
I Booted Up CD1 and entered "linux ide=nodema"
The installation went as far as before. The same Error.
used <CTRL>+<ALT+DEL> and reboot the computer.
With CD2 in the drive
Booted up and Bootup Failed and no Os available.
Do you think it could be something wrong with my CD2??
It is possible that something is wrong with your cd #2. When the installer
crashes, press <Ctrl><Alt><F4> and see if there are any error messages related
to the cdrom.
If there's something wrong with the cd itself, you will most likely see some
read or seek errors on VC4. Pressing <Ctrl><Alt><F4> brings up VC4, so if the
error messages are there, you'll see them.
All I could find where this
<4> Unable to identify CD-Rom
(could be when I change from CD1-CD2
Like 15 rows or more
<7> ClockTimer configuration lost probably a VIA686a motherboard
(I Use a Intel 440ZX chipset)
Yes, it could be a bad cd #2. Where did you get it from?
I got the CD from Sunet.se but I used "GetRight" application to download it
with so that could have coused the problem with the ISO. I downloaded it in a
I will Start downloading it right from the Redhat FTP and try install it again
I still have the same problem after downloading the CD from Redhats ftp server
Can you attach the md5sums of your ISO's?
How do I get that?
I installed RedHat 6.1 Last night so there shouldn't be any wrong with my
You can check the md5sum of the ISOs in two different ways. If you have the
ISOs on a Linux machine, you can run the 'md5sum' program on the file. For
example, 'md5sum seawolf-i386-disc1.iso'. After a long time calculating, the
answer will be displayed.
If you have the ISOs on a Windows box, you can download MD5Sumer from
http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-10096-100-5902737.html and run it to check
Once you have the numbers, we can compare the numbers you got with the md5sum
values from the ISO's on the FTP site. If the don't match exactly, then the
ISOs got corrupted during download.
Used MD5Sums on a Windows based machine
Ok, here's the contents of the MD5SUM file from
As you can see, the numbers for disc1 are different from the numbers that you
got. So the corruption was with disc1 instead of disc2 after all. Disc2 is
fine. What you should do is redownload the disc1 ISO and then verify the md5sum
of it before you burn a cd. Give that a try, and if that doesn't fix the
problem, please reopen this bug report.