Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 53953
spec file does not build (on beta5 at least)
Last modified: 2008-05-01 11:38:00 EDT
Description of Problem:
1. There's one too many %endifs, and some of the description stuff is clearly
messed up anyway (just a bit of cut-n-paste fatigue?).
2. There's path problems on the database stuff. The hack that's there isn't enough,
as the paths are needed the first time it hits the stuff in the sqldrivers dir. So the
build bombs out there.
I've fixed this in a way that makes it clear what's going on (unlike some RH spec
Patch to spec file attached after I submit this.
Created attachment 32499 [details]
patch to qt3.spec for %if error, database include paths
Don't use beta3 then, it's known broken. ;)
The %endif thing is actually a bug in our build system - when it tries to
inject the translations from the i18n cvs tree, it doesn't catch %if/%endif
constructs affecting %descriptions, therefore it nukes the %endif no matter
what. :/ The original spec file I'm using is ok.
Fortunately rpm is intelligent enough to handle the missing %endif by now.
Making the SQL plugins optional is a good idea; I'll add that.
(The current build is delayed because I'm waiting for the new compiler to get
in place first. Breaking the ABI without increasing the soname isn't fun).
I've built 0.beta6.1 anyway - it'll probably take too long until the compiler
is in place (expect some rawhide breakage when it happens).
Fixed in that version.