From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.2) Gecko/20010809
Description of problem:
modemlights_applet could not find the pppon/pppoff script/application.
So I changed it to ifup ppp0 and ifdown ppp0 to work around this.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Install RedHat 7.1.94 BETA (Rosewell Release) (CD from Cheapbytes)
2.Configure dial-up connection (System-Settings -> Internet Configuration
3.Right click on bottom pannel and select (Applets --> Modemlights)
4.Click on the left hand side of the modemlights applet (it fails)
5.Right click on the modemlights_applet, go to properties and note
it uses 'pppon' and 'pppoff'. If you change it to 'ifup ppp0' and
'ifdown ppp0', then all is well. Or add a 'pppon' & 'pppoff'
Actual Results: nothing,.. the applet fails to dialup since the
pppon/pppoff scripts are missing.
Expected Results: Dialup connection and change to a green light, and get a
as found in /var/log/messages or via ifconfig
Perhaps pppon/pppoff are just for some reason missing from my system.
I used the Installer to install (fresh install). This was with the default
FYI... after I got modemlights working, I did upgrade to 2.4.10 kernel
and it has been working wonderfully. (I had to patch with the ext3, it
was to use a different firewall with IPTables).
Fixed in 18.104.22.168-2