Spec URL: http://www.five-ten-sg.com/ghemical.spec
SRPM URL: http://www.five-ten-sg.com/ghemical-2.99.2-4.fc12.src.rpm
Ghemical is a computational chemistry application.
Ghemical is written in C++. It has a graphical user interface (in fact,
a couple of them), and it supports both quantum-mechanics (semi-empirical
and ab initio) models and molecular mechanics models (there is an experimental
Tripos 5.2-like force field for organic molecules). Also a tool for reduced
protein models is included. Geometry optimization, molecular dynamics
and a large set of visualization tools are currently available.
This is part of my project to get ghemical and its dependencies into Fedora.
mpqc provides libSC7, libSC-devel
oglappth provides oglappth-devel
f2c provides f2c
Does ghemical *really* need only f2c-libs to compile, i.e. no f2c (and its headers) at all?
ghemical does not need f2c at all. requirement removed.
Sorry for the delay... I was waiting to see libghemical in koji and since it didn't appear ghemical dropped a little bit in my priorities - sorry... ;-)
Here is now the full review. In general there are no major issue, just some minor and easy to fix pieces (marked as TODO). Please build libghemical officially in koji first so that the final test can be done with a koji build of ghemical as well.
* naming: OK
* spec file name: OK
* sources: OK
- matches upstream:
- spectool -g works
* license: OK
- actual license matches License field
- GPLv2+ acceptable
- License file packaged
* rpmlint: TODO
rpmlint RPMS/i686/ghemical-* SRPMS/ghemical-2.99.2-10.fc13.src.rpm SPECS/ghemical.spec
ghemical.i686: W: spelling-error %description -l en_US initio -> initial, initiation, initiate
ghemical.i686: W: file-not-utf8 /usr/share/doc/ghemical-2.99.2/AUTHORS
ghemical.i686: W: no-manual-page-for-binary ghemical
ghemical.src: W: spelling-error %description -l en_US initio -> initial, initiation, initiate
3 packages and 1 specfiles checked; 0 errors, 4 warnings.
- file-not-utf8: should be fixed, e.g. by using something like this:
# fix encoding
iconv -f iso8859-1 -t utf-8 AUTHORS > AUTHORS.conv && \
touch -r AUTHORS AUTHORS.conv && \
mv -f AUTHORS.conv AUTHORS
- the remaining warnings are false positives
* legible & American English: OK
* compilation: TODO
- if there is no need, don't run aclocal and auto* tools
- don't explicitly override LIBS or CXXFLAGS unless there is a good reason
- for ghemical, it should be sufficient to use
%configure --enable-threads --enable-openbabel
in the build section
- package builds locally
- build in koji not possible because libghemical was not built yet
* BuildRequires: TODO
- at least libtool, flex and gcc-gfortran are not required
* Requires: TODO
- should require hicolor-icon-theme (for the ownership of the directories /usr/share/icons/hicolor/*/apps/ )
* locale handling: OK
* directory ownership: OK
* files not listed twice: OK
* permissions: OK, %defattr used
* clean section: OK
* macros consistently used: OK
* code vs. content: OK (besides some examples no content)
* large documentation in -doc subpackage: OK
- the documentation is about 1MB, so IMHO it would be nicer to split it off into an additional documentation package
- however, since it is "only" 1MB it won't block the review
* *.la files, pkgconfig, static libs, headers, shared libs: OK (n/a)
* .desktop file: OK
- desktop file exists and works
- correctly installed via desktop-file-install or desktop-file-validate
* rm -rf in %install: OK
* scriptlets: OK
- gtk-update-icon-cache called correctly
* filenames UTF8: OK
* functional test: OK
- basic functions work, examples can be loaded without any problems
(In reply to comment #5)
Ok, thanks - the new packages looks good. Please just fully remove the lines (BuildRequires, %build section, ...) you just commented out and remove also the libtool from the BuildRequires.
(In reply to comment #7)
These files are identical to the previous one: ghemical.spec still has release 12 and when I try to download the 2nd link I still get ghemical-2.99.2-12.fc12.src.rpm. Please can you check, whether the files are correctly uploaded?
Oops, failed to move them from the staging server to the real server. Fixed now.
(In reply to comment #9)
I have reviewed the new package and all issues reported in the full review in comment #4 were resolved. Thanks!
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: ghemical
Short Description: Molecular mechanics and quantum mechanics front end for GNOME
Branches: F-12 F-13
CVS done (by process-cvs-requests.py).
/usr/bin/koji build dist-f12-updates-candidate 'cvs://cvs.fedoraproject.org/cvs/pkgs?rpms/ghemical/F-12#ghemical-2_99_2-13_fc12'
timeout: (110, 'Operation timed out.')
make: *** [build] Error 1
I have not been able to get koji to do the build. This is running on a F12 workstation with all the latest updates.
curl --verbose --cert ~/.fedora.cert https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/
* Certificate is signed by an untrusted issuer: 'Eemail@example.com,CN=Fedora Project CA,OU=Fedora Project CA,O=Fedora Project,L=Raleigh,ST=North Carolina,C=US'
* NSS error -8172
* Closing connection #0
* Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates
curl: (60) Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates
More details here: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html
Did earlier versions of koji not care about the server certificate, or has that certificate changed?
(In reply to comment #13)
> cd fedora/ghemical/F-12
> make build
> /usr/bin/koji build dist-f12-updates-candidate
> timeout: (110, 'Operation timed out.')
> make: *** [build] Error 1
I'm not aware of any changes with respect to koji. You could verify with:
openssl x509 -in .fedora.cert -text
whether your certificate is still valid (they are usually only valid for 6 months). If it is not valid anymore, just get a new one from here: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts .
Otherwise please ask on the fedora-admin mailing list or in the #fedora-admin in IRC.