Escalated to Bugzilla from IssueTracker
Event posted on 11-20-2009 09:24am EST by RFE-tool
1) Customer Name:
Eidgenossische-Technische Hochschule Zuerich (ETHK)
2) Nature Of Problem:
Configuration Channels in Satellite can not be shared among organisations
like Software Channels
3) Business Requirements Satisfied By Request:
Duplicating configuration channels is not practical.
4) Functional Requirements That Are Not Presently Possible:
A Configuration Channel should be shareable amoung the organisations on a
5) What Will Success Look Like:
Configuration Channels can be shared like 'normal' Software Channels
6) Desired Release Vehicle:
7) Request Meets The Rhel Inclusion Criteria:
8) Affected Packages:
9) Sales Sponsor:
firstname.lastname@example.org as SRM
10) Rh Business Opportunity With Customer:
Big customer with 6500+ system
11) Status And Risk To Contract If Not Satisfied:
little, but customer will contact the spacewalk community about this
12) If this request is vendor specific, has the customer engaged the
partner as well?:
This event sent from IssueTracker by jwest [SEG - Feature Request]
Customers can try this out with Satellite 6 MDP2, users are able to share puppet configuration across organizations with the ability to pick and choose which organizations can see what configuration modules.
6.0.4 for testing
have sent request for verification steps to email@example.com
Moving to a future release for consideration.
You can't currently share Content Views between organizations in Satellite 6 so this RFE isn't really satisfied.
Not in scope of GA, assigning back to dev
This is entirely possible in 6.1:
* Create a Content View in OrgA with various Puppet Classes
* go to OrgB under the Organizations list
* ensure the Puppet Environments from OrgA are also added and available in OrgB
* You can then create Host Groups and Hosts with Puppet Classes from OrgA
This can pass as a completed RFE if you can provision a host in OrgB with Puppet Classes in OrgA
sat 6.2.0 Beta (GA11)
The Puppet Environments can now be shared across organizations (they can be assigned to multiple).
so they also can be used for host provisioning in other Orgs.
Created attachment 1158798 [details]
Created attachment 1158799 [details]
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.