Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 543628
Availability on Graph View incorrectly calculated
Last modified: 2010-09-13 16:04:11 EDT
Description of problem:
The Availability on the Monitor - "Graph" view is incorrectly calculated.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
JON 2.3.0GA, JON 2.2.0GA
Tested on various JON servers and all of them showed the same behavior.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. On any monitorable resource, select the "Monitor" tab
2. Click the "Availability" view
3. Notice the "Availability" value.
3.1 At the bottom of the screen, roll to the last page (in the index 1, 2, 3 etc) and write down the first date of collected metric
4. Click the "Graphs" View
5. On the timespan selector on the bottom of the screen, select "Advanced Settings"
6. Select "Within a date range" and in the From: field select the date you recorded on the step 3.1
7. On the To: field, select the actual date & time
8. Plot the graph and read the "Availability" value
The values doesn't match
Looks like the metrics are calculated using the red/green buckets/dots in the "Graphs" view instead of doing some more elaborated calc that's performed on "Availability" View.
Temporarily adding the keyword "SubBug" so we can be sure we have accounted for all the bugs.
new = Tracking + FutureFeature + SubBug
making sure we're not missing any bugs in rhq_triage
Mass move to component= Monitoring
closing per gwt work