A number of problems have been reported for all versions of sendmail
upto 8.12.0. These were fixed in 8.12.1. I have spent few hours and,
starting from latest 8.11 source rpm, managed to make all the changes
to have a 8.12.1 rpm. I have fixed all the patches and adopted the spec
file to include the new sendmail/submit structure with userid smmsp
and all other neccesary changes for 8.12.1. I updated my 8.11 rpms
from these and they are running fine. The only things that may be done
differenly are: 1) The id of user smmsp, which I chose as 49, could
be different. 2) I put sendmail.cf and submit.cf into /etc/mail directly.
I have left the changes in sendmail-8.10.1-movefiles.patch as they are
(after modifying them to work with the new man page) i.e. /etc/sendmail.cf.
If one decides on /etc/mail some of these sections can be deleted from the
Attached is the source rpm. Hope this helps.
Created attachment 33398 [details]
Source rpm for sendmail-8.12.1
Rawhide is a bit broken currently, but 8.12.2 will be in the next release.
Florian La Roche