Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 544299
Review Request: gnome-color-manager - Color management for the GNOME desktop
Last modified: 2009-12-07 12:17:42 EST
Spec URL: http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/temp/gnome-color-manager.spec
SRPM URL: http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/temp/gnome-color-manager-2.29.1-0.1.20091204git.fc12.src.rpm
gnome-color-manager is a session program that makes it easy to manage, install
and generate color profiles in the GNOME desktop.
This project has the following features:
* Setting output gamma tables (with local brightness and adjustments) to any
Xrandr output (falling back to the per-screen methods for drivers that do not
yet support Xrandr 1.3).
* Setting of settings at session start, and when monitors are hotplugged.
* Easy install of vendor supplied ICC or ICM files, just by double clicking
on the file.
* Easy display calibration using an external calibration device, and scanner
calibration using a inexpensive IT 8.7 target. For calibration, the ArgyllCMS
package is required.
* Integration X11 by setting the per-screen and per-output _ICC_PROFILE atom,
which makes applications such as the GIMP use a color managed output.
* Easy to use DBus interface for applications to query what ICC profiles should
be used for a specific device. This is session activated and is only started
when it is needed, and quits after a small period of idleness.
For more information, please see http://projects.gnome.org/gnome-color-manager/
Thanks for the review.
Licenses match. Some strange variations of
.. See the
* GNU General Public License for more details.
line, which I think other than breaking automated license checkers don;t change the spirit,
Source little hard to tell if it matches because its not an official release tarball and the steps to reproduce it are not included (yeah I know that it comes from git.gnome.org), would be nice to have some basic instruction in the spec file.
Builds in mock. Installs without fuss. Runs fine as far as I can tell.
The purpose of gcm-session is a unclear to me on a cursory glance.
gnome-color-manager.x86_64: W: spelling-error-in-description en_US colour
gnome-color-manager.x86_64: W: non-conffile-in-etc /etc/xdg/autostart/gcm-apply.desktop
1 packages and 0 specfiles checked; 0 errors, 2 warnings.
Can be ignored, although I think the British spelling is not necessary in a package called gnome-_color_-manager
- The GCONF_DISABLE_MAKEFILE_SCHEMA_INSTALL bits are redundant since --disable-schemas-install seems to be handled properly
- the gtk-update-icon-cache run in %post should probably be moved to %posttrans as per the packaging snippets guidelines
- The scrollkeeper bits aren't necessary since it has been obsoleted by rarian.
Looks ok. Issues not fatal but would be nice if addressed.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: gnome-color-manager
Short Description: Color management for the GNOME desktop
Package imported. Thanks to all.