Description of Problem:
built-in editor show non-latin1 characters as "???"
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. start kde
2. in control-center, select koi8-r as default encoding
3. add russian keyboard to kde keyboard list
4. start kdevelop in Russian locale: LANG=ru_RU.koi8r kdevelop
5. Open any text file in editor or create new project.
6. select russian keyboard and try to type something.
You'll see all characters as "?" on the screen.
Cyrillic characters must be there.
The same for 2.0.1-1. In built-in console window everything is OK. If you
save text and open it in other editor, it will be OK too.
please update urw-fonts-2.0-13 from rawhide and tell me if this problen is fixed.
I'm already using urw-fonts with cyrillic glyphs, but it doesn't matter. There
is wrong QT call somewhere in embedded kwrite, we are trying to figure out, but
with no success yet. In search fields and other forms everything is OK, problem
exists in editor window only.
could you please try the kdevelop-2.0-3.i386.rpm from
it should fix this problem. Please let me know if it works
I tried (even removed kdeveloprc first). The problem is still present.
This bug is fixed in kdevelop-2.0.2-1
Here is changelog entry
2001-10-27 Grisha Mokhin <email@example.com>
* applied patch of Nikita Youshchenko who fixed the incorrect display of
non-latin characters in editor views
we will release kde 2.2.2 soon, if you want kde 2.2.2 now, please take a look at