Description of problem:
This may well be an invalid path - in which case we need to disable its functionality. Regardless, as it currently exists, user is given option to associate a repo from within a CP's view, but those associated repos do not appear on the global Repo view.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Administration > Content > Content Provider -- create an RHN CP.
2. After creation, click the newly-created CP's name on the global CP view page.
3. Scroll down to "Repositories you can synchronize from this Content Provider" section
4. Click the name of one of the Repos, i.e., "rhel-i386-as-3"
5. On the resulting Repo page, section "Content Providers Associated With This Repository", check the box next to your RHN CP, and hit the "Associate" Button.
6. Administration > Content > Repositories -- Look for your newly created/associated repo.
Nothing shows up. The Repo is still saved in the system.... somewhere... i.e., it is apparently granted a resource id. But unless you know the URL it will never show up -- you can not get to it from within the CP's "Repositories Associated With This Content Provider" section, either.
As I mentioned in the beginning of this bug, this may well not be a route the user is supposed to be able to go down, vis a vis "Administration > Content > Repositories > Import > ...". However user can currently do so, and as such is able to enter phantom data into the db.
* Either fix repo creation via this method to allow proper repo imports, or disable this code path.
This has to do with the fact that the Admin > Content > Repos display only shows non-candidate repos. The table showing "repos that can be imported" shouldn't allow clicking through to the repo view; that view should only be allowed after the repo is imported. I'm going to remove that table entirely, since it actually never led to a place where the import could be done.
The repo table contained links into the repos themselves, which shouldn't be available until the repo is imported. Even when the table was present, there was no import link available on the link destinations.
I'm also going to take away the Edit and Synchronize buttons on the candidate repo details page.
Author: Mike McCune <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Fri Feb 12 14:39:39 2010 -0800
546071 - dont show sync/edit buttons for candidate repos
Mass-move to ON_QA
QA Closing, essentially untestable.