Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 548560
Failed install of RPM via webui shows as "Installed"
Last modified: 2014-05-02 13:59:06 EDT
Description of problem:
When attempting to install an RPM and a failure occurs, the UI still displays the package as having been installed.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create CP, Repo, etc., and register platform to Repo
2. Enable internal yum repo on said platform.
3. begin tail of agent logfile on said platform.
4. Attempt to install an RPM that will somehow fail. One way to do this might be to sync one repo with packages that have dependencies outside that repo, from another that isn't synced.
5. View results of logfile
6. $platform > Content > History
Logfile will show obvious yum failure; Content > History will show package as having been installed.
Proper validation of package install.