Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 55104
(NFS IRIX)globbing does not work on NFS mounted volumes - kernel 2.4.9-6 or higher
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:37:46 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.61 [en] (OS/2; U)
Description of problem:
ls [a-z]* command over an NFS mounted directory does not return anything, while ls over the same directory works normally
Problem appears in both 2.4.9-6 and patched 2.4.9-7.4 kernels. Downgrade to 2.4.3-12 solves the problem.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Upgrade to 2.4.9-6 or patched 2.4.9-7.4 kernel
2. Login as user, whose $HOME directory is on an NFS mounted remote volume
3. Try ls. The directory is listed.
4. Try 'ls n*', where 'n' is the first character in the name of an existing file
5. The command returns "File not found".
Expected Results: Listing of file names starting with the defined character.
Could be related to bug #54941
any idea what OS the server is ?
IRIX64 6.5 IP27
I believe this was an IRIX issue that was fixed.