Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 55688
device alias selector doesn't stay sensitive
Last modified: 2008-05-01 11:38:01 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.2.1) Gecko/20010901
Description of problem:
1. start up
1. in Network Configuration window
2. go to Devices tab
3. either Add a device or Edit an existing one
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. start up 'Network Configuration'
2. in 'Network Configuration' window go to 'Devices' tab
3. either 'Add' a device or 'Edit' an existing device
4. in 'Ethernet Device' window go to 'Hardware Device' tab
5. if 'Enable Device Alias support' is checked, go to step 11
6. notice that the 'Alias' selector is sensitive (able to be changed)
7. click 'OK'
8. go back to 'Devices' tab on 'Network Configuration' window
9. 'Edit' whichever device you added or edited in step 3
10. go to 'Hardware Device' tab of 'Ethernet Device' window11. notice that
the 'Alias' selector is not sensitive (able to be changed)
Actual Results: notice that the 'Alias' selector is not sensitive (able to
be changed), despite the fact that the 'Enable Device Alias support'
checkbox is still checked
Expected Results: the 'Alias' selector should still be sensitive (able to
the bug is in netconfpkg/ethernetconfig.py that i noticed...
tokenringconfig.py has the same problem though. i'll attach a patch which
Created attachment 36402 [details]
patch that fixes both 'ethernetconfig.py' and 'tokenringconfig.py'
fixed since 0.9.6
Fix confirmed in the current tree.