Description of problem:
* Why is this package required?
They provide needed sqlite3 support to Ruby programs.
* Who needs it? If its just used by 1 layered product then its not generic enough to be in RHEL.
At least MRG needs them. There may be other existing requests we're not aware of.
* What testing has been done on this package? What architectures? Recall that RHEL supports 5 arch's.
They are in Fedora.
* Do you care what version?
* Who do you think would own the package maintenance? Is that you, the requester?
Base RHEL, not the requester.
* Is the package already in Fedora? and meeting the packaging guidelines?
This request was evaluated by Red Hat Product Management for
inclusion in the current release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Because the affected component is not scheduled to be updated in the
current release, Red Hat is unfortunately unable to address this
request at this time. Red Hat invites you to ask your support
representative to propose this request, if appropriate and relevant,
in the next release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Development Management has reviewed and declined this request. You may appeal
this decision by reopening this request.