Description of problem:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Properly Configured RHQ host
Steps To repro :
1) Login to RHQ host with valid credentials .
2) Open Plugin upload page from following Path.
Administration => System configuration => plugins = > Server Plugin
3) Press “ADD” button and select the plugin <plugin>.jar from valid location
4) Press UPLOAD button to upload plugin on rhq host.
Expected Result : Plugin should uploaded on RHQ host , and it should visible in plugin installed list after “SCAN FOR UPDATES”
Actual Result : At step 4 Never ending Plugin upload process has been started ,
Not able to upload plugin on RHQ host via WEB UI
Note : Plugin upload from CLI is working fine
this needs to be assigned to the person that broke the file upload facility (hint: was not me :)
This used to work flawlessly, until I believe the RichFaces library dependency was upgraded. Since then, I too have been seeing this behavior. We need to a) revert back to the RichFaces library of old or b) get a fix to the RichFaces library (because clearly, the RichFaces component that used to work no longer does).
I don't know why the RichFaces library was upgraded.
The RichFaces version I see this with is 3.3.2.SR1
I'm working in the "bundle" branch right now - I merged master on Feb. 3rd - which was 5 days ago. I did not touch the richfaces stuff in the bundle branch - I pulled down whatever master had wrt to the RichFaces stuff. Therefore, I assume master branch has the same problem.
I just tried this with a build from Master, using RF 3.3.2.GA and it failed in the same way mazz described.
You can test out the problem by going to http://10.16.120.87:7080/rhq/admin/plugin/plugin-list.xhtml (rhqadmin/rhqadmin) and retrying mazz's steps with any old .jar file
FWIW, I just tried this and the plugin upload GUI worked again. Should have QA run some quick tests to confirm that our production builds are fine too.
I verified this against Build# 169 Version: 2.4 SNAPSHOT.
I was able to sussessfully upload the plugin via UI and it was available for enablement.
Marking this bug as verified.
Mass-closure of verified bugs against JON.