Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 563658
Tomcat plugin start / stop operations on Windows
Last modified: 2011-10-21 15:54:41 EDT
Tomcat 5 and Tomcat plugin 2.3.0 from EWS 1.0.1
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install Tomcat 5 (from the EWS? Not sure about community, but should be the same).
2. Install the Tomcat plugin.
3. Register it in JON.
4. Invoke the Start operation and watch what happens on Windows:
- startup.bat script is called,
- Tomcat console window appears, Tomcat starts and runs,
- but JON still reports the operation as In Progress, then fails after timeout.
- successive Stop operation fails too.
Tomcat version is 5.5.28
Stop works when Tomcat was started manually (catalina.bat start).
Temporarily adding the keyword "SubBug" so we can be sure we have accounted for all the bugs.
new = Tracking + FutureFeature + SubBug
making sure we're not missing any bugs in rhq_triage
jsanda - thoughts?
Needs to be reproduced to see if it is still a problem
Just for reference here are a couple of possibly related bugs:
This particular one still needs to be reproduced
Testing on windows over VPN is very troublesome, I got disconnected every few dozens of seconds.
Assigning to Igor. Also sent him a mail about what needs to be done.
I am unable to reproduce this issue with Tomcat 5.5.33 (with JMX enabled) on Windows 7. I tried restart, shutdown and start operations; all worked without any problems. The shutdown operation takes considerably longer than start but it shuts the server correctly.
Please retest this issue.