Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 564684
FTBFS gurlchecker-0.10.1-13.fc12: ImplicitDSOLinking
Last modified: 2011-06-27 10:56:44 EDT
gurlchecker-0.10.1-13.fc12.src.rpm Failed To Build From Source against the rawhide tree. See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FTBFS for more information.
This failure is due to a change in the linker default behavior, which uncovered a fault in your package. See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ChangeInImplicitDSOLinking .
If you believe this is actually a bug in another package, do NOT change the component in this bug or close this bug. Instead, add the appropriate bug number from the other package to the "Depends on" line in this bug. If the other package does not yet have a bug created that you think matches, please create one. Doing so helps us properly track bugs and their dependencies, just as we track package dependencies. (If you close this bug, and the other package is not fixed before the next FTBFS run, a new bug will get created. Please follow the above advice to avoid such duplication.)
Created attachment 391139 [details]
root.log for x86_64
Created attachment 391140 [details]
build.log for x86_64
Created attachment 391141 [details]
mock.log for x86_64
This bug appears to have been reported against 'rawhide' during the Fedora 13 development cycle.
Changing version to '13'.
More information and reason for this action is here:
Created attachment 405743 [details]
Updated spec file that uses the patches to be attached shortly.
I took a look at this bug as part of my Fedora Engineering Services task.
There is a successful scratch build of this at:
I am attaching a spec file and two patch files. The spec file has a changelog entry for the update, but you are free to change it and I don't need credit.
The Makefile.in patch is needed for the build to work. The Makefile.am patch should go upstream.
This was a bit odd in that it wasn't failing on all arches. My guess is that the ceil call was being replaced by inline code on some, but not all arches.
Created attachment 405745 [details]
Makefile.in to make build work.
Created attachment 405746 [details]
Makefile.am patch for upstream.
Adding "LIBS=-lm" after make in the specfile solves the linking problem.
any progress on fixing this bug for fedora?
This message is a reminder that Fedora 13 is nearing its end of life.
Approximately 30 (thirty) days from now Fedora will stop maintaining
and issuing updates for Fedora 13. It is Fedora's policy to close all
bug reports from releases that are no longer maintained. At that time
this bug will be closed as WONTFIX if it remains open with a Fedora
'version' of '13'.
Package Maintainer: If you wish for this bug to remain open because you
plan to fix it in a currently maintained version, simply change the 'version'
to a later Fedora version prior to Fedora 13's end of life.
Bug Reporter: Thank you for reporting this issue and we are sorry that
we may not be able to fix it before Fedora 13 is end of life. If you
would still like to see this bug fixed and are able to reproduce it
against a later version of Fedora please change the 'version' of this
bug to the applicable version. If you are unable to change the version,
please add a comment here and someone will do it for you.
Although we aim to fix as many bugs as possible during every release's
lifetime, sometimes those efforts are overtaken by events. Often a
more recent Fedora release includes newer upstream software that fixes
bugs or makes them obsolete.
The process we are following is described here:
Fedora 13 changed to end-of-life (EOL) status on 2011-06-25. Fedora 13 is
no longer maintained, which means that it will not receive any further
security or bug fix updates. As a result we are closing this bug.
If you can reproduce this bug against a currently maintained version of
Fedora please feel free to reopen this bug against that version.
Thank you for reporting this bug and we are sorry it could not be fixed.