Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 56491
after logging in gnomecc doesn't run
Last modified: 2007-03-26 23:49:57 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.2.1) Gecko/20010901
Description of problem:
I'm having a strange problem with the gnomecc command. After I
login the gnome conter center will not run unless I first
execute one of the gnome capplet in the setting menu. It doesn't matter
which one I run just as long one runs. For example,
Thereafter I can run gnomecc without any problems until I logout
and login again. Then I have to repeat the above.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. login using the graphically interface
2. type gnomecc in a terminal window and nothing happens
3. select Programs/Settings/Desktop/Panel from the main menu
4. exit the Panel popup that was displayed
5. type gnomecc in a terminal window and now the gnome control center
I know I reproduced this at one point. Should fix for hampton
Flagged private beta team, for mention above of Hampton.
With latest versions I can't reproduce, after initial login to GNOME,
after initial login to KDE, or on an empty "Xnest" - not sure what changed but
it seems to be gone.