Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 564920
FTBFS kdeedu-4.4.0-1.fc13: ImplicitDSOLinking
Last modified: 2010-02-14 14:05:25 EST
kdeedu-4.4.0-1.fc13.src.rpm Failed To Build From Source against the rawhide tree. See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FTBFS for more information.
This failure is due to a change in the linker default behavior, which uncovered a fault in your package. See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ChangeInImplicitDSOLinking .
If you believe this is actually a bug in another package, do NOT change the component in this bug or close this bug. Instead, add the appropriate bug number from the other package to the "Depends on" line in this bug. If the other package does not yet have a bug created that you think matches, please create one. Doing so helps us properly track bugs and their dependencies, just as we track package dependencies. (If you close this bug, and the other package is not fixed before the next FTBFS run, a new bug will get created. Please follow the above advice to avoid such duplication.)
Created attachment 392481 [details]
root.log for i386
Created attachment 392482 [details]
build.log for i386
Created attachment 392483 [details]
mock.log for i386
Created attachment 392484 [details]
root.log for x86_64
Created attachment 392485 [details]
build.log for x86_64
Created attachment 392486 [details]
mock.log for x86_64
interesting, missing symbols from cln, but no references to cln functions or headers to be found. maybe a define or inline stuff from libqalculate?
cd /builddir/build/BUILD/kdeedu-4.4.0/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/step/step &&
/messageframe.o CMakeFiles/step.dir/main.o CMakeFiles/step.dir/settings.o -o step -rdynamic -L/usr/lib64/kde4/devel -L/builddir/build/BUILD/kdeedu-4.4.0/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/lib ../../lib/libstepcore.a /usr/lib64/libkhtml.so.5.4.0 /usr/lib64/libknewstuff2.so.4.4.0 /usr/lib64/libQtOpenGL.so -lqalculate -lgsl -lgslcblas -lm -lz -lgthread-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lrt -ldl /usr/lib64/libkparts.so.4.4.0 /usr/lib64/libkjs.so.4.4.0 /usr/lib64/libkio.so.5.4.0 /usr/lib64/libQtXml.so /usr/lib64/libQtNetwork.so /usr/lib64/libkdeui.so.5.4.0 /usr/lib64/libQtSvg.so /usr/lib64/libkdecore.so.5.4.0 /usr/lib64/libQtCore.so -lpthread /usr/lib64/libQtDBus.so /usr/lib64/libQtGui.so -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib64/kde4/devel:
/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/step.dir/unitscalc.o: undefined reference to symbol 'cln::cl_GV_number_init_helper::~cl_GV_number_init_helper()'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'cln::cl_GV_number_init_helper::~cl_GV_number_init_helper()' is defined in DSO /usr/lib64/libcln.so.6 so try adding it to the linker command line
/usr/lib64/libcln.so.6: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
The inlines from libqalculate must be using cln, I guess you need to link cln when you link libqalculate (this just shows how broken this crappy ld change is for C++).
pkg-config --libs libqalculate returns only -lqalculate, looks like it needs to -lcln as well.
Oops, I didn't mean to reassign this back, it's clearly libqalculate's fault.
that's probably my bad, see bug #509840
Yeah, at least @CLN_LIBS@ should go back to Libs.
Cross your fingers,