Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 565069
FTBFS tilda-0.9.6-3.fc12: ImplicitDSOLinking
Last modified: 2010-05-01 16:00:33 EDT
tilda-0.9.6-3.fc12.src.rpm Failed To Build From Source against the rawhide tree. See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FTBFS for more information.
This failure is due to a change in the linker default behavior, which uncovered a fault in your package. See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ChangeInImplicitDSOLinking .
If you believe this is actually a bug in another package, do NOT change the component in this bug or close this bug. Instead, add the appropriate bug number from the other package to the "Depends on" line in this bug. If the other package does not yet have a bug created that you think matches, please create one. Doing so helps us properly track bugs and their dependencies, just as we track package dependencies. (If you close this bug, and the other package is not fixed before the next FTBFS run, a new bug will get created. Please follow the above advice to avoid such duplication.)
Created attachment 393341 [details]
root.log for i386
Created attachment 393342 [details]
build.log for i386
Created attachment 393343 [details]
mock.log for i386
Created attachment 393344 [details]
root.log for x86_64
Created attachment 393345 [details]
build.log for x86_64
Created attachment 393346 [details]
mock.log for x86_64
This bug appears to have been reported against 'rawhide' during the Fedora 13 development cycle.
Changing version to '13'.
More information and reason for this action is here:
Created attachment 408869 [details]
As part of my Fedora engineering services tasks I took a look at this bug.
I am attaching patches for src/Makefile.am and src/Makefile.in.
The .in patch appears to fix the build problem. The .am patch is for upstream.
Created attachment 408870 [details]
Looks like you mistaken by sending your patches to the wrong bug number ;).
However, this bug has been fixed in release 0.9.6-4.
Well sort of. I think I accidentally did the wrong diff or overwrote the diff files by mistake. I was looking at both opencdk and tilda on the same day. Anyway, since you fixed tilda, I don't have to worry about that. I'll go check opencdk to make sure I didn't swap the diff files.
Thanks for pointing out the mistake, so that I would know to double check opencdk.