From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i586; en-US; rv:0.9.6) Gecko/20011120
Description of problem:
This is related to the NOTABUG 55386 but since I'm not that bug's owner I
couldn't re-open it. I have included steps to reproduce the bug here.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install RedHat Linux 7.2 with current updates, including emacs and
emacs-nox. Set defualt runlevel to 3 -- do not start X.
2. Log in to console. Do not start X.
3. Type "emacs".
4. Type "control-x control-c"
5. Note that the terminal now no longer echoes.
6. Type "reset" at the shell to fix things.
7. Start "emacs" again.
8. Suspened emacs by typing "control-x control-z"
9. Observe that the shell is fine now.
Actual Results: Shell doesn't echo and requires 'reset'
Expected Results: Shell does echo and does not require 'reset'
I have seen this bug on three different systems. "->" indicates an
upgrade, all with installations upgraded to current patch levels.
#1 7.0->7.1->7.2 Pentium II 450
#2 7.0->7.1->7.2 K6-II 450
#3 6.2->7.0->7.1->7.2 Pentium II 200
I can't reproduce this on a vanilla+updates RHL 7.2 system with this procedure.
I don't experience any problems at all...