Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 567135
gpk-update-viewer displays poor error dialog
Last modified: 2010-03-23 06:13:39 EDT
Created attachment 395388 [details]
Cannot cancel running task: Cancel or Quit?
Description of problem:
- gpk-update-viewer sometimes presents a cancel dialog that is incomprehensible.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
- Click on window manager's close button while gpk-update-viewer is updating - some of this time an error dialog is display (other times the window closes without any message).
- Text of the error dialog reads "<b>Cannot cancel running task.</b><br />There are tasks that cannot be cancelled." -- however, the two buttons on that dialog are labeled "Cancel" (?!) and "Quit" (?!).
- This makes no sense because the user did not specify that an operation should be cancelled, and if cancelling is truly impossible, then neither of the buttons should be pressed.
- No error dialog should be presented -- the update should continue in the background as it would if you started it with "pkcon update --nowait"
- If an error dialog is presented, it should included button labels that make some sense.
We've fixed this crazy dialog in F13. Thanks.