Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 569496
Installer hangs after adding many RAID members
Last modified: 2013-09-02 02:45:54 EDT
Created attachment 397096 [details]
Description of problem:
Installer hangs after adding a certain number of partitions
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
* 4 out of 4 attempts in virt
Steps to Reproduce:
* vda - 10G
* vdb - 2G
* vdc - 512M
* vdd - 512M
1. Create /boot on vda (size: default)
2. Create LVM PV on vdc (size: fill disk)
3. Create LVM PV on vdd (size: fill disk)
4. Create LVM PV on vdb (size: fill disk)
5. Create Logical volume group
* swap - 512M
* / - remaining space in vg
6. Create a RAID device on vda (size: 2048)
7. Create a RAID device on vda (size: 2048)
8. Create a RAID device on vda (size: 2048)
The UI hangs and it seems after selecting 'OK' in last step above.
I should be able to add the device
* I've seen this before while adding lots of LVM PV's. Perhaps an implicit maximum # of partitions somewhere?
We've an issue in pyparted which gets triggered by creating a lot, with a lot varying between 3-5 partitions.
This issue has been pinpointed and a fix is on its way, marking this as a duplicate of the bug tracking the pyparted feature in Fedora.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 567576 ***