Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 573838
New Feature: add information on writing server-side plug-ins
Last modified: 2011-06-15 21:35:45 EDT
Blocking plugin guide tracker.
This is only tangentially related to the dev bug for improving the plugin deployment workflow. But the new plug-in docs will cover:
* Writing and deploying server-side plugins
* Writing and deploying agent plugins
With examples and a reference of default plug-ins.
Created attachment 414654 [details]
docs for writing server side plug-ins
The tech review process is easy:
1. Download the attached OpenOffice doc.
2. Make sure that Edit > Changes > Record is selected. (I should have this set to track changes, but make sure in case I forgot.)
3. Read through the file and mark any changes (correct anything that's wrong, add missing information, delete outdated stuff, etc.).
4. When you're done editing, upload the edited OO doc and re-assign to me (dlackey).
The HTML links in the previous comment show what the real, official docs look like, if you prefer that version. I can also make a PDF.
Changing status to ON_DEV and assigning to Mazz for review.
Created attachment 414893 [details]
mazz first revision
my first revision is attached
All of Mazz's edits from comment #4 are in place, I believe, in the beta drafts at http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/JBoss_ON/2.4/plugins/html/writing-serverside-plugins.html.
Changing to ON_QA.
I'm changing the QA contact to Andrew in ECS to take some of the pressure of the JON QE team.
I'm putting Corey on as CC in case Andrew has any questions.
Fixed in 2.4: