From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.6) Gecko/20011120
Description of problem:
The KMail program (part of kdenetwork RPM) does not include (import) the
signature file that is specified in the Settings->Configure KMail->Identity
tab "Use a signature from file"
It also does not include/import the entries under "Specify signature below".
The same is exhibited by KMail from the kdenetwork RPM for KDE 2.2.1 and
2.2.2 releases (built for RH7.2) that I downloaded from the KDE sites. My
understanding is that these are RPMs built for the official RH7.2 release.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a signature file $HOME/sig-file
2. Open KMAIL
3. Choose Settings->Configure KMail in the menu
4. Under Identity, for the default choose "Use a signature from file"
5. Point to the $$HOME/sig-file and click APPLY
6. Open a Compose (new) window and look for the signature information that
should have been imported from the $HOME/sig-file; it will not be there.
7. Repeat 4 (for default identity) but now choose "Specify signature
below" instead of a sig-file. Create some entry in the box and click APPLY.
8. Open a Componse window, the text entered in Step 7. should be
included/imported but nothing happens.
From the various other Linux distros I have used, I see this behaviour only
on the RH7.2 OS.
Can no longer be reproduced in rawhide - thanks to morte in
#fedora-bugweek for testing.