Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 582484
some guestfish sub commands can not handle special files properly
Last modified: 2011-07-14 15:10:10 EDT
Description of problem:
1. guestfish "file" command can not handle character special files properly, it just hang when called againest a char special file.
2. guestfish "touch" command can not handle fifo special files properly, it also hang.
These two commands can work for other special devices like block special file.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
And also the lastest git version
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run guestfish, add an img containing some char/block/fifo special files
2. Run and mount the partition
3. "file /path_to_char-dev-file" , it will hang the guestfish shell.
4. Repeat step 1,2, then run "touch /path_to_fifo-dev-file", it will hang.
5. ll,stat commands works fine for these special files
command should return proper value
check logs in the attachment:
Created attachment 406688 [details]
log for file command
Created attachment 406689 [details]
log for touch command
I'll have a look at this when I get back from holiday.
Patches posted upstream to fix the issues with
the touch and file commands.
breaks OS detection, since /dev/VG/LV is a symbolic link to
Reopening this bug.
Second patch posted:
Patch ACKed upstream: