Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 585636
aircrack-ng-1.1 is available
Last modified: 2010-06-26 05:05:40 EDT
Latest upstream release: 1.1
Current version in Fedora Rawhide: 1.0
Please consult the package update guidelines before you issue an update to a stable branch: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_update_guidelines
More information about the service that created this bug can be found at:
Version 1.1 (changes from aircrack-ng 1.0) - Released 24 April 2010:
* airdrop-ng: New tool by TheX1le.
* airodump-ng, aircrack-ng, airdecap-ng, airbase-ng: Fixed buffer overflow in
airodump-ng due to forged eapol frame.
* aircrack-ng: Fixed multicast detection (WPA handshake detection).
* airodump-ng: Added interaction (see wiki for the commands).
* airodump-ng: Fixed client time in netxml file.
* airtun-ng: Add WDS and bridge support.
* airbase-ng: automatically set privacy bit to 1 if WPA or WPA2 is used
(-Z or -z option).
* airmon-ng: Updated iw URL for v0.9.19.
* airdriver-ng: Fixed link for madwifi-ng.
* aireplay-ng: Chopchop enhancement to not stop but wait on deauth packets.
* tkiptun-ng: Fixed segfault.
* wesside-ng: Fixed compilation bug with recent version of gcc.
* cygwin: Compiling sqlite isn't necessary anymore, libsqlite3-devel package
can be used.
* osdep: Strict aliasing and x86_64 fix.
* osdep: Add tap support for Darwin/OS X. Still require tuntaposx from
sourceforge to work.
* All: Fixed compilation on cygwin 1.7.
* All: Fixed compilation on recent version of OSX.
* manpages: Fixed aireplay-ng manpage for attack 0: not disassociation packets,
* manpages: Added the keys for interaction in airodump-ng.
* patches: Added regulatory domains override patches for atheros drivers
(ath5k, ath9k and ar9170).
* patches: Added 2.6.32 patch for r8187 driver (ieee80211).
* Makefiles: Fixed make uninstall.
I am currently very busy, if you are a provenpackager, please update it for me. If not, you can ask someone. Btw. there is also an usolved security issue in 1.1, there is some other bug open where someone wanted to take a look.
It's now build in Rawhide, but a C expert for the security vulnerability is still needed.