From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.61 [en] (X11; U; Linux 2.2.12-20smp i686)
Description of problem:
during an installation with multiple drives, in disk druid, the default
reformat all drives that happen to have a swap partition is NOT correct.
The default should be NO to format the swap partitions.
On large systems with many disk drives, there can be a variety of operating
systems and partition tables. When installing RH7.2 on a single drive, the user
wants the install
to only modify the partitions being utilized for the installation.
Please don't force the user to deselect all other drives that have swap space
The install correctly does NOT default to formatting other partitions on the
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Perform an install on a system that has multiple disk drives, where the
drives have older versions of Linux already on them.
2. prepare to install on 1 disk
3. view disk druid's layout of all the disks and witness default of YES to
format on all
3. installation would format all swap partitions on other system disks that it
should not be touching.
Expected Results: Expected results:
3. view disk druid's layout of all the disks and witness default of NO to format
swap partitions, except the disk that RH 7.2 is to be installed on.
On large systems it is common to have different disk drives for different
Please don't format disk drives that are not intended to be used during the
This behavoir happens on 7.2 x86.
This has been changed since.