Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 588803
as5 plugin's getAvailability() should handle the case then AS5/AS6 instance is listening on an AS4 Server Resource's JNP URL
Last modified: 2013-08-05 20:36:32 EDT
When it detects a server from a different config path is listening on the server's JNP URL, it should also log an error, rather than a debug message (though this error should be throttled, since getAvailablity() is called frequently.
Fixed by git rev 6261da7f85ffbc00386495ffdf6e080871355237.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR TESTING THE FIX
1) inventory an EAP 4.x instance and verify it is green in the GUI
2) stop the EAP 4.x instance
3) start up an EAP 5.0 or AS 6.0 instance on the same bind address as the EAP 4.x instance
4) run the 'avail' Agent prompt command to kick off a full availability scan
5) verify that an error message similar to the following is logged to the Agent log:
[ERROR] Availability check for JBoss AS Resource with configPath [/opt/jboss-eap-4.3/jboss-as/server/production] has connected to a different running JBoss AS instance which is installed at [/opt/jboss-as-6.0/server/default] using namingURL [jnp:127.0.0.1:1099/] - returning AvailabilityType.DOWN..."
6) run the 'avail' Agent prompt command a second time to kick off another full availability scan
7) verify that the error message is not logged again
8) go to the GUI and verify the Resource is red
Mass-closure of verified bugs against JON.