Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 589351
New feature: update or add necessary information for new password obfuscation in the config file
Last modified: 2011-11-28 12:49:08 EST
The database password is now hashed in the rhq-server.properties file. A couple of things need to be noted:
* The server properties table in the admin guide has to note that.
* A section must be added to the admin guide for updating the file when the db password is changed.
* There should be a mention in the migration docs.
* It should be listed as a new feature in the release notes.
These sections should be updated (corresponding to the list above):
* http://elladeon.fedorapeople.org/jon-drafts/3.0/rel-notes/ (new feature/enhancements section)
Created attachment 414979 [details]
password obfuscation excerpts
The tech review process is easy:
1. Download the attached OpenOffice doc.
2. Make sure that Edit > Changes > Record is selected. (I should have this set to track changes, but make sure in case I forgot.)
3. Read through the file and mark any changes (correct anything that's wrong, add missing information, delete outdated stuff, etc.).
4. When you're done editing, upload the edited OO doc and re-assign to me (dlackey).
The HTML links in the previous comment show what the real, official docs look like, if you prefer that version. I can also make a PDF.
Changing status to ON_DEV and assigning to the dev queue for review.
I don't spell-check anything till the end. So there are probably a lot of typos. Also, I haven't done any screenshots or illustrations yet, but they will be coming.
Reassigning to Heiko.
Created attachment 415364 [details]
Updated links with Heiko's edits from comment #4:
Changing to ON_QA.
Fixed in 2.4: