Description of problem:
When editing the ipv4 properties for an existing connection in NetworkManager its impossible to enter a default gateway.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Connect machine to lan
2.NM sets up an Auto mode and dhcp's
3.Right click on NM icon in the notification area
4.select Edit connections
5. select 'Auto eht0' and click edit
6. on the ipv4 tab, select manual and click add
7. Enter 'Address -> 192.168.1.32', 'Netmask -> 255.255.255.0', 'Gateway -> 192.168.1.1'.
1. Navigate to the DNS Servers: box, and Gateway entry is reset to '0.0.0.0'
2. Enter DNS sever -> 192.168.1.3; click back to edit Gateway, enter '192.168.1.1'.
3. Shift focus to any other component on that window, and the gateway is reset to '0.0.0.0'
Navigating away from the Gateway entry should not reset the contents to '0.0.0.0'
This request was evaluated by Red Hat Product Management for inclusion in a Red
Hat Enterprise Linux major release. Product Management has requested further
review of this request by Red Hat Engineering, for potential inclusion in a Red
Hat Enterprise Linux Major release. This request is not yet committed for
This is due to GTK's tree-view editing handling; and has since been fixed upstream and in recent RHEL6 builds. It should be fixed in RHEL6 Beta 2 snapshots or anything after 2010-05-05.
Upstream network-manager-applet commit:
Author: cee1 <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Mon Apr 26 23:42:43 2010 -0700
editor: commit IPv6 address changes on focus-out
Cleanups and fixes by dcbw.